Sailaway Outer Reef Mackay Cay
An Eco Adventure on the Wild Side!
Enjoy a luxury catamaran sailing experience to fully enjoy a day of snorkelling and sailing.
Immersed in the northern frontier of Great Barrier Reef, this is the perfect snorkelling and sailing adventure for a conservation conscious visitor. Ideally suited to those who can swim and have a spirit of fun and adventure. Those who prefer can enjoy an inspiring full day experience to the absolutely stunning Coral Cays on the Great Barrier Reef in the most sustainable way!
Our focus is on sharing our passion for the marine environment with expert guiding. We have a team of qualified marine biologists who give informative and entertaining reef presentations, allowing you to fully appreciate the fragile environment and to give a deeper understanding of the marine life.
This is an adventure tour suitable for travellers with good mobility.
- Sailaway is the only operator from Port Douglas who has access to the spectacular Coral Cays of Mackay & Undine Reefs.
- We have exclusive use of our reef sites which are perfect for snorkelling.
- There are vast areas of coral gardens to explore at your own pace.
- Being shallow and protected, you see beautiful corals, giants clams, turtles and fish life, up close.
- Ideal for taking underwater photos or watching the marine life in thier natural habitat.
- To participate in snorkelling you must be confident in the water with good swimming ability, as snorkelling can be a strenuous activity.
- Afternoon tea and coffee, cakes & fresh fruit platter (Using local produce Daintree Tea and Jaques Coffee)
- Superb tropical buffet lunch (including prawns)
- Snorkelling equipment, optical masks, seasonal lycra snorkelling suits, wet suits & flotation devices
- Snorkelling instruction and in-water assistance
- Guided snorkel tour with a marine biologist
- Glass bottom boat viewing and reef interpretation talk
- Explore the pristine coral cays
- 4.5 hours at unspoilt location on the Outer Barrier Reef
- The experience of sailing on board the luxury sailing catamaran Sailaway VII
- Eco Shamba Environmental Initiative $20 to local re-forestation
Departure: 7:30 am checkin for 8am departure Returns: 5:00 pm
Duration: 8.5 hrs
From: Departs from Port Douglas - Shop 18, Crystalbrook Superyacht Marina, 44 Wharf Street. Transfers can be arranged at an additional cost.
Experience Times: Note: Times are not indicative of any transfer pickup or drop off times if available or chosen.
Price: Adults from $265.00, Child/Infant from $183.00
Environment Management Charge & Administration Fee $6.50 per person
Note: Due to COVID the capacity on all tours and experiences is greatly reduced, it is essential you book well in advance as activities can be booked out, our concierge staff are available by phone to make recommendations and book your tours. Prices are set by the individual operators and are subject to change.